Healthy and comfortable sleep is crucial for the health and well-being of anybody. It is impossible to be productive, full of energy, and feel well if you failed to get enough and good sleep the previous night. This is true for any age and for any profession; if you do not work physically, it does not mean you do not need proper rest.
In the conditions when you lack proper rest for a long period of time, and when your sleeping place is not comfortable, you start developing chronic fatigue, headaches, back pains, joint pains. You may notice a lack of focus and concentration, inability to make a mental effort to learn something new, and generally lower mood. Having noticed all those things, you have to make a decision and change your mattress in the first place.
Of course, there are different factors that influence the quality of your sleep, but your sleeping place is one of the most important factors. You can sleep without a bed, but you have to buy a high-quality orthopedic mattress. Believe us, it will change your life almost immediately.
The Pros You Will Enjoy
Orthopedic mattresses are spring or springless, that is, made of memory foam. Better choose the second option, even if it is much more expensive. This item will provide more support, will adapt to the shapes of your body, and will serve you four times longer than the spring one. Spring mats’ average lifespan is 5 years, while for memory foam mats, the lifespan is 20 years.
These are the advantages you will enjoy with a new sleeping place:
- perfect harmony between support, softness, and bounce. Memory foam mats are made of several layers of foam, some softer, some rougher, so they provide support for the spine, are soft enough to accommodate your prominent bones and angles, and offer a good bounce.
- the mat adapts to the shape of your body every time you lie down. It sags moderately under your weight, and also allow you to place your knees and elbows as you like, without feeling stiff. After you change the position, the foam readjusts, so you do not need to plump it in any way. After you get up, the memory foam returns to its initial even shape. You can expect it serving you without sagging for long years.
- most high-quality orthopedic mats have an additional cover over the foam on both sides, made of coconut fiber or bamboo fiber. This layer of plant fiber allows the materials to breathe, does not allow the microscopic dust from the foam to get to the surface, and also helps in temperature regulation of the body when you sleep.
- in comparison to spring mattresses, the foam ones do not need to be rotated and flipped around on a regular basis. They keep their shape for long, and you will never have a hole in the place you usually sleep.
- choose a mat with a fabric cover that also helps in temperature regulation. Some models of the product have “summer side” and “winter side”: the first one feels cooler, being made from fabric such as linen, while the second one, made of flannel, feels warmer.